Let’s just say that this month was CRAZY with all of us at C&P! We’ve been really working hard on getting the word out about the M.O.C. and bringing new content to our website. So here’s an update;
- Debra is looking for willing & eager volunteers to help out at events! Fill out the form below to express interest and get questions answered.
- The sign-ups for the M.O.C. were released and spaces are filling up fast. Reserve your spot today!
Standley Lake Public Library – July 15th
Belmar Library – July 25th
- One of our amazing volunteers, Lily, designed a top notch poster! Keep an eye out for it around town!
- We finished adding our Events section on our website. Go check it out before you leave!
- Debra did some extra work and extended our advertising for the M.O.C. to the Girl Scouts of Colorado website calendar! We are really excited for Girl Scouts to experience a project done by a Girl Scout!
- Connecting & Protecting volunteers and supporters enjoyed the amazing ceremony put on by the US Marine Corps Memorial in Golden, CO! Debra was unable to attend, but was excited to hear some friends went in her place.
“I was so happy to hear others were able to enjoy the moving ceremony at the USMC Memorial. It’s one of my favorite ceremonies to attend each year and wished I could have attended this year with my friends.”
- Debra has been working on some special surprises to be released and take place at the M.O.C. events this summer. Some involve an exciting release of C&P gear. She cannot wait to share them at each event!
- On top of all we’ve done this month, Debra reached out to her connections to see about 9News and local newspapers coverage for the events and C&P.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook Page for frequent updates and important announcements! Until next time!
Missed last month’s news? Check it out here!
Between showing appreciation this month and working hard on plans for the upcoming events, we’ve had one full month of work! Here’s an update!
- All our volunteers and Debra have been completing tasks like crazy to bring on the M.O.C.! We think these events are going to be a huge hit and a lot of fun for our military and participants!
- Have you caught the dates for the M.O.C.s happening this summer? RSVP to the event today!
M.O.C. at Standley Lake Library
M.O.C. at Belmar Library
April was the Month of The Military Child! We find it just as important to recognize the military as we do their children, so we shared several videos on our Facebook page.
- Debra Zerr got to celebrate earning her Gold Award along with 27 others at an event at the Capital! She had the opportunity to meet some state representatives and talk with her fellow Girl Scouts.
- Debra also made several appearances on the GSCO Blog and in a local Newspaper!
Missed those blog posts? Click either link to read them both!
28 Girl Scouts Earn Gold
Colorado Lawmakers Honor Girl Scouts
We recently set up a way for you to subscribe to our newsletter and early news releases. Click here to subscribe!
We’ve added business hours! Check them out below!
Mon-Wed: 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
Thurs: 10:00 AM-5:30 PM
Fri: 3:00 PM-6:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
- If you’re interested in volunteering at any future Connecting & Protecting events, contact us today!
- Debra recently conducted an interview with a veteran and will be posting it soon! So keep an eye out!
Guess what everyone? We created a Youtube channel! We figured another great way to bring content to all of you is through videos, so we’re working hard on ideas to upload!
“The excitement levels for my project is rising! I can’t believe how far it’s come and all the great feedback it’s been getting lately. Adding the Youtube channel was definitely a must!” – Debra Zerr
That’s all the news we have for this month! Can’t wait to share our May news with all of you. Until next time!
Want to read news from last month? Check it out here!
We have to say, it seems as each month goes by, we get busier and busier! Between the new website and setting the date for the M.O.C.s, we’ve had our hands full. Here’s an update!
- Debra Zerr has set up a group of volunteers to help with our events, if you’re interested, contact us!
- Just recently Debra has set up a volunteer sign-up sheet for interviews! She’s received 3 volunteers so far!
- Of course, we’re still working hard at bringing all of you fun facts about each branch! We want each of you to thrive in your knowledge about the military. That way you can catch our military off guard. 😉
Didn’t catch the Coast Guard Boot Camp Facts? Check it out here!
- We want to know what you think of our new website layout! Comment, email, or Facebook message us to let us know!
Anyone catch the dates and locations release for the M.O.C.? Take a look below!
- Looks fun doesn’t it? We promise it is! Invite all your friends and show us what you got!
“I can’t even put into words how pumped I am for the M.O.C. to happen! Every day that goes by, my team and I iron 1 more fine-line detail. I want everything to be perfect for all of you!” – Debra Zerr
- We’re working hard on releasing some cool C&P gear to represent how awesome you are to us! Keep a close eye out for sneak peeks and hints!
We hit 200 likes on our Facebook Page!!! Thank you all of you for your undying support! We couldn’t do it without you!
- Don’t forget to check the important dates on our Home page! This month is the Month of the Military Child and quite a few other dates fall in April too.
Stay tuned in for next month’s news for even MORE announcements and updates! Get connected even more by liking our Facebook page and subscribing to our website! Who knows, we may go visual soon… 😉
Want to read news from last month? Check it out here!